Photography and Drones
For a pdf version of the Photography Policy go to Photography_Policy_012617.pdf
Photography Policy for Hidden Lake Gardens January 2017
Although we welcome and encourage the popularity of Hidden Lake Gardens as a destination for photographic events and memories, we present the following guidelines to ensure the safety of our guests, visitors, and staff, as well as the protection of our facilities, gardens, and plant collections.
Photography activities such as family portraits and senior, engagement, and wedding photos are permitted at Hidden Lake Gardens (HLG). At this time, there is no fee for professional photography; however, photographers are requested to become a member of the Friends of Hidden Lake Gardens at the Sponsor level ($100). For information on memberships please visit the Join & Give webpage (http://hiddenlakegardens.msu.edu/join_give/memberships). The Sponsor level of membership does provide free admission to the photographer and her/his clients or guests for one full year. The membership is renewable annually.
All photography must take place during Hidden Lake Gardens open public hours (http://hiddenlakegardens.msu.edu/about_us/hours_admission). All public areas of HLG are available to photographers; however, all visitors must also be granted admission to all public spaces and should not be denied access due to photographic activity. Photographers and their clients are asked to please comply with the following:
- Neither photographers nor subjects are permitted to enter into garden beds or plant display areas.
- Plants, containers, chairs, benches, signs, and labels shall not be moved to accommodate photographic activity.
- Use of glitter, confetti, paper streamers, balloons, etc., is prohibited in any part of Hidden Lake Gardens - both indoors and outdoors.
- Photographers and their clients are expected to comply with any directives given by HLG staff or be subject to dismissal from HLG.
- The use of drones on Hidden Lake Gardens property is prohibited per Michigan State University policy per Ordinance 9.01 and 9.02.
Please call 517-431-2060 if you have questions or need more information.